Wednesday 29 February 2012

L technique in A-Z techniques

Continuing on with the A-Z techniques in ArtVentures the latest is L. Initially I had made some ATC's using the Lumiere paint scraping technique, a lattice border and a love stamp. I was not entirely happy with them so I made another set using a different technique and I can use the original ones for RAKS.


The technique that  I decided to use for the L technique to send out to the participants is the layered background technique from Hero Arts and some Graphic 45 lady images.

I cut my watercolour paper to size and stamped embossed a small  Hero Arts  stamp in white. I added the Old Paper distress ink on a clear acrylic block, spritzed with water and placed it on the paper allowing the colour to seep into the paper.

I then stamped a Magenta background stamp over the top (I stamped off a couple of times to make it lighter). I added several colours of distress ink to a craft sheet and wiggled a Penny Black stamp over the inks, spritzed it with water and stamped onto the background.

To complete the cards I cut out some ladies from Graphics 45 paper.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wow, these look great! Thanks for the link on how this technique is done!