Wednesday 1 February 2012

K technique for A-Z techniques

This month is the K technique on ArtVentures. I was going to do the "kissing" technique but decided instead to use the Kaleidoscope stamping technique which I "winged" since I could not find any tutorials.

I started off by not being happy with my prototype using a tiny stamp so I went over the image with some pigment inks to create a background. After heating setting them, I took these pieces and lightly drew lines horizontally and diagonally to create 8 triangle areas on the ATC.

Using the stamp that looks like a wing from the Stampscapes Butterflies (sheet 3) unmounted set I inked it with Kaleidacolor Dye Ink and stamped it around the ATC background in each triangle.

I then inked some scrap card stock with the same colours of pigment inks used on the backgrounds and embossed it with Kaleidoscope embossing powder. I punched out a shape from these scraps and attached them to the centre with a glue dot.

For the ATC I am keeping for myself I used a background piece made with fluid chalk inks and Dr PH Martin iridescent gold ink and the same technique as the others just to see how it would look on a different background.

I decided not to add anything further and let the techniqe show through.

1 comment:

Carol said...

These look great! So glad you did this. I've also been hunting for a tutorial on this technique and have been able to find it so far.