Wednesday 29 February 2012

Sparkly Stained Glass

Another swap on AFTCM is the card of the month, themed Sparkly Stained Glass.

I have several stamps that are a stained glass type so I decided to try them for the technique.

I stamped an Iris stamp by All Night Media on a piece of embossable window plastic with blackbird fluid chalk, then gently heat set it. I started by filling in the areas with Judikins diamond glaze using a small paint brush, sprinkled on Glitter Ritz, allowing it to set for a few minutes then continued on with the various colours.

After the piece was dry I realized I had gone over the edges of some areas and tried to remove it and add the appropriate colour, but ended up having a hard time as it had set too much. I decided to go ahead and put it on a piece of cardstock I had previously stamped with bleach, which had an old world look.
I decided not  to use this for the swap due to the mistakes I made, so proceeded to make a second card.

This time I chose a Holly Berry House stamp, stamped and embossed it on a piece of embossable window plastic. I followed the same steps to apply the Glitter Ritz and Stampa Rosa glitter, being more careful to ensure it stayed within the lines, (the embossing was better for this technique as the lines were more visible).

When the piece dried I attached it to a piece of white cardstock using Sookwang tape and cut it out. I adhered it to a red background then a green background (edged with a dark green marker), which I had made then to a piece of red metallic cardstock.
I considered trying another one with some stained glass paints that I have in my stash, but opted against it as I found this technique very time consuming.

No comments: