Thursday, 29 October 2009

Inchie frame completed

I received the rest of my inchies the other day via Carol, who met up with some of the gals from OZ who passed them on to her.

I was in a creative mood today so I decided to finish up a couple of ATC's and work on my frame.

The frame is painted with gesso and blue acrylic paint, then sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist. Unfortunately the "glimmer" does not show in the picture. After it dried I stamped my favourite corner flourish by Inkadinkadoo with Colorbox Goldrush pigment ink and embossed with gold embossing powder.

I colored the flourish piece at the top with purple acrylic paint then painted it again with
US Artquest Mica watercolour paints. Added a sun charm and a couple of gems to finish it off.

I then completed the other two inchies and the centre panel. The centre is done with Breezy Blue embossing powder as the base then sprinkled with purple and gold E.P., heated then stamped into it with a large background stamp. I then rubbed some metallic rub-ons over the top. The embellishment is an old button that I had in my button box.
The inchies are (top left-clockwise) Trizzy, Autumn, Carol, Me, Mel, Linda B, Me, Vicki, Chris, Rhonda, Lynne and Tracy. I am so thrilled to be the owner of these beautiful miniature pieces of art and to finally have them all in the frame.

Friday, 2 October 2009

Mini Memory for Carol S

Carol S chose a floral/nature theme for her mini memory and the colour choice was left up to the artist.

Now there are two things I know for sure about Carol; she loves her Cuttlebug and butterflies as she uses them a lot in her art. So that narrowed down my choice of items to use for her mini memory.

Carol did not want anything larger than 5X5 square or rectangle. I have some Magenta chipboard frames that were the perfect size. I took some handmade background paper and ran it through the Cuttlebug, then attached it to the frame. I then touched up the raised pieces with some green rub n buff.

I took a chipboard swirl and embossed it with some purple and green embossing powders then stamped into it while it was hot, and attached it in the corner. I added some polymer leaves that I punched out of green card stock and added some veins with my stylus. On top of this I glued a flower that I had from one of nieces' wedding.

I took some chipboard letters and embossed them with purple embossing powder and glued them to the frame to spell "nature". I then stamped and embossed some butterflies on vellum, and added them to the frame in a 3-d effect to make them look like they are flying.

After making this piece I discovered that the butterflies would not stay in place, likely because it is so dry here. So I revised it. I added a shrink plastic butterfly which I had saved from a card I received a couple of years ago made by Trish L. (hope she does not mind that I recycled it). I also added a few beads at the bottom.