Wednesday 1 February 2012

J technique

Continuing on with the ArtVentures A-Z techniques for the J technique I decided to do the Jenny's Coat.

This is similar to the Joseph's Coat but instead you start with a piece of decorative scrapbook paper. ( I would recommend using something with a lot of colour). I used a piece of Magenta Style paper which had blocks of colour but the main one was an ochre, with greens and maroon throughout.

I attached the paper to a piece of card stock cut to ATC size, then stamped and embossed a background stamp with clear embossing ink and embossing powder. After that I brayered over the piece with black Versafine ink, then buffed it with a paper towel, which removes the ink from the embossed areas revealing the coloured decorative paper.

I stamped a Hero Arts Jewel shape from a coordinating colour of card stock and added glossy accents to give it dimension and the look of a jewel. I then stamped a Hero Arts J and a sentiment from the same stamp set. Attached all of these to the ATC when dried.

No comments: