Wednesday 13 February 2013

Stains and Dry Embossed Tags

On AFTCM we are doing a swap using some type of stains and dry embossing.

For my first one I dabbed Distress Stains across the page then spritzed some water over them. It did not blend as well as I would have liked but still happy with it. I then ran it through one of the Texture Fades embossing folders (clock faces). Added some script with a Tim Holtz stamp.

 I had a little image from moonlightjourney.com sitting on my desk so I added a page pebble over it and placed on one of the embossed clocks.

I took some grunge board letters and did Tim's technique where you put the Rock Candy Crackle Distress paint on the surface and allow it to dry, then add different colours of stains. I attached them to the tag with some Glossy Accents. I had another stamped piece on my desk from a Magenta (Crafty Individuals) stamp that I liked so I added it to the bottom of the tag.

The second tag was also using Distress Stains with Tim's technique were you apply Picket Fences stain on a mat and add various colours of stains around it then drag the tag through it. For some reason this did not turn out the way it did when I took his Chemistry 101 class, so I am thinking it may be the tag I used, which did not seem to let the colours blend together. However, I am pleased with the end result as it has a bit of a shabby look to the background.

I stamped this tag with a Hero Arts stamp then lined up the matching embossing folder and put it through the embossing machine. I added more colour to some of the flowers with Distress markers, and used a glitter gel pen to colour the centres.

I stamped a Tim Holtz stamp on a piece of scrap paper coloured with the stamps and inserted inside the embossed area. To finish it I added a little butterfly die (which I received from a friend), ran it through an embossing folder and added a piece of wire to simulate the antennas. I used the same gel pen to highlight the embossing on the butterfly.

1 comment:

Gisele said...

hey, I recognize these :) they are more beautiful in real life!