Tuesday 5 February 2013

Artist Trading Cards

These two ATC's were ones I was really pleased with for the Mad Crafters Attic swaps.

The first one was the theme of triangles. I had some pieces of embossed cardstock that I had put aside from another project. I cut them into triangles and coloured them with different colours of pigment ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder and then rubbed them with dye ink pads to hit the high spots.

I attached three of them to the ATC Lumiere paint background. I stamped two words with dye inks matching the colours of the background and adhered them to the ATC.
The second one was Time Flies. I had recently bought the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Alarm Clock and Camera mini Dies, so this was the perfect opportunity to use the clock die.

I cut the die out of grunge board then coloured it with black acrylic and copper paints. I had some clock faces already printed and one was the perfect size to fit in the die. I cut a circle out of acetate and attached it over the clock face and laid all the pieces aside.

I had some Tim Holtz grunge board pieces in my stash and found some wings. I coloured them first with Frost White daubber paint, let it dry, then added the Pearl dauber paint over the top. I manipulated the wings so they fit nicely under the clock and attached both pieces with Glossy Accents. To finish the piece I used my labler to print Tempus Fugit, which is Time Flees in Latin or as in todays world Time Flies.

1 comment:

ali naqvi said...

Gorgeous work of art....this is mind-blowing idea thanks......!!! Plastic card printing