Tuesday 5 February 2013

A to Z Techniques W for Walnut Distress

For the  W I found a technique using walnut inks and decided to try it. Not sure where I found it  and not sure what is was called so I have given it my own name.

I started with watercolour paper sprayed with water and applied Tsukineko Walnut ink Spray over the surface. Then I dabbed clear embossing ink over the top and sprinkled on Distress embossing powder.

The instructions said to add Sparkle Pro Copper but I have no idea what it is so I used an artist grade copper mica powder and sprinkled it randomly over the surface and spritzed the ATC with water. I heat set it then removed some of the embossing powder to let the walnut ink show through.

I added a picture of a woman (moonlightjourney.com) on each one layered on a glittered punched circle. and then attached some words on each corner. Each one is a bit different as I am out of ink in my printer and used what I had printed previously.


No comments: