Tuesday 26 March 2013

File Folder book

On AFTCM we are doing a swap where you use an 8 ½" x 11" file folder and turn it into a book.

I had originally started making one with a butterfly/garden theme, but after receiving my partner's name I decided she might not like that so I made another one for her.

In my stash  I had some beautiful double-sided Bo Bunny black and white scrapbook paper and that was my jumping off point for the book.

I took a manila file folder and folded it  using a tutorial by splitcoast stampers. I coloured the edges of each portion of the page and the tabs with Blackbird fluid chalk ink. I cut the scrapbook papers to fit both the inside of the pockets and the folded edges, alternating the colours to create contrast and adhered them in place.

On the back I used the same paper on each end and some Bazil script paper.

The travel theme evolved when I was looking through my stamps and came across three that fit a French theme.  From there I remembered my set of PSX Pixie Expressions which have several travel sentiments.

On the book cover, the Inkadinkado Eiffel Tower is done on acetate and embossed with pewter embossing powder, with a piece of cardstock coloured and attached behind to make the word "Paris" more visible. I added a touch of colour to the Paper Inspirations Tender Embrace image just to add a little accent and match the acetate piece.

I added various travel themed items on the bottom portions of the folder. A hero arts stamp with International landmarks, the Pixie Expressions sentiments,  Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) sentiment and  little antique car and Autumn Leaves clear stamps set of Arrows.

For the tags I continued with the travel theme and did a collage on each tag.

For the first one I used an ocean cruise theme, using the Shipboard Crossing stamp by Rubber stampede, Now Boarding by Inkadinkado, Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) ticket and sentiment, and more of the Pixie Expressions. To complete it I outlined the tag with a black marker.

Tag 2:  I stamped the Inkadinkado Envelope stamp and the Hero Arts Skyland stamps, masked them and stamped the Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) script stamp over portions of the tag, then added the city names with another Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz stamp.  I stamped and embossed the ticket and antique car (Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) ) and the Inkadinkado camera. cut them out and adhered them to the tag. To complete it I outlined the tag with a black marker.

Tag 3: I stamped the PSX World Traveler, added the birds  by Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) and a couple of the Pixie Expressions sentiments. To complete it I outlined the tag with a black marker.

For the last tag, I stamped a train stamp, masked it and stamped a Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) background over it. I stamped the Impression Obsession Eiffel Tower over the top of the background. Stamped and embossed the Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) film strip, cut it out and attached to the bottom of the tag.

No comments: