Tuesday 5 March 2013

A-Z techniques Z For Zig-Zag

We are finally at the end of the alphabets for the A to Z techniques in ArtVentures.

The only Z techniques I could think of were Zentangles and Zetiology, but I don't really enjoy  doodling unless I happen to be on the phone and then I sometimes doodle.

I decided to do a zig-zag pattern using coloured text weight papers that I had on my table. I cut them into strips (trying to make sure they were all the same width), then braided them together. When each piece was long enough I glued them to an ATC blank.

I then cut out a frame from some coordinating coloured cardstock and stamped a line of Z's around the perimeter and embossed it with Queens Gold embossing powder.  I attached the frame to the base with Sookwang tape.

I then took some chipboard letters and embossed them with Stampendous Embossing Enamel. I used Aged Wine and Aged Rose. I was thinking of adding some other embellishments but decided against it.

I also decided to try another way of doing the Zig-Zag pattern and experimented with a photo corner stamp. I used pigment ink and stamped it in two different colours across the base, then embossed with clear embossing powder.

No comments: