Thursday 13 June 2013

Tags with UTEE

Been a while since I posted anything as I had a busy couple of months. Recently on AFTCM we did some tags using the same image and UTEE (Ultra thick embossing powder).

I had recenty printed off an image from Elizabeth's blog which really appealed to me and I decided to use them for my tags.

For the first one I colored the background with fluid chalk inks, stamped a floral stamp and Tim Holtz script stamp in a darker colour, then adhered the image to the tag.

I cut out a frame and covered it with white UTEE then sprinkled on platinum UTEE and some queen's gold embossing powder, heated it till it was "liquid" then stamped into it with a Magenta background stamp.

I stamped and embossed the Magenta sentiment then coloured it with fluid chalk inks and buffed it to remove the ink from the embossed area.

 On the second tag I coloured the background with pigment inks then stamped a PSX Maple Leaf stamp in black. Attached a smaller version of the image. It then cut out some Cuttlebug leaf dies and glued three together, added white UTEE on top and a couple of other colours of embossing powder heated it and stamped into it with a maple leaft stamp. Ahered these to the tag with double-sided foam tape.

I cut another piece of cardstock, and again applied white UTEE and sprinkled some Platinum UTEE over it heat it and stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with the dark pigment ink while hot. I attached the screw brads, then adhered it to the tag with double-sided foam tape.


No comments: