Wednesday 9 July 2008

Playing with my cuttlebug

I was intrigued by a technique on Annette's blog (http://goannafive.blogspot.com/ using Cuttlebug embossed pieces and tissue paper, and decided to give it a try.

I had previously done some embossed pieces in various colours of cardstock and so got them out and ripped them into different sizes.

I stamped the image from Coronado Island on the tissue paper with the Graphite Black brilliance ink.

I used 130 LB cardstock, and added some scrapbook paper in the centre. I then glued my cut embossed pieces with gel medium, painted with gesso twice. This was the hardest part for me-waitng for it to dry. I painted the image with Twinkling H2Os and glued it in the centre, and added dictionary pieces and some script paper and tissue paper on the prepared embossed piece.

I watered down some orange and red acrylic paints and painted over the embossed areas. when it was dry, I used some of the rub and buff wax on it. I think I may do a bit more with it and then decide what type of project to use it on.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Gorgeous, you can't tell it was pieced together. Love the colors.