Sunday 20 July 2008

July Tip-In

This month the tip-in theme was time. I had some ideas brewing before I started on this theme, then I found a stamp which fit into the theme, when I took a class at my Rubber Stamp store on Thursday night.

The front page is a digital background. I stamped the main Image (by Stamp Oasis) three times. I added the clock part twice then the central part 3 times to give it some dimension. The other clock pieces are from PSX.

The back page is a version of the Faux Leather technique on Trish B's Art Buzz (http://artbuzz.wordpress.com/) background noise challenge. I used gesso to cover the tissue paper after adhering it to the cardstock with glue. I started off by colouring it with Distress ink in Frayed Burlap. I added Denim distress ink and let it dry. I added a little bit of Distress Vintage Photo over the high areas of the creases. I went over it again with Broken China Distress Ink.

I added the stamped images from PSX and Magenta using Fluid Chalks, printed a quote and added it. After putting it on my desk and looking at it, I felt it still needed "something".

I rubbed Colorbox Parchment pigment ink around the edges, then added Blue Smoke Perfect Pearls over it, then buffed it with a paper towel.

I am finally happy with the back and will be sending it off to Sweetpea.

No comments: