Monday 14 July 2008

Embossing Mania

I participated in another swap on CC Swaps where we had to use some form of embossing. I decided to use a technique I learned in a class I took from Cathie Allan at Western Educational Activities. Cathie is a regular contributor to Scrap & Stamp Arts and always is an inspiration to me. She tells you not to get too hung up on making the class project perfect, but to learn the technique in class then go home and play with different mediums and ideas and have fun.

I started with some Monoprinted background paper that I had made using Pinata` Inks and a Krylon Gold leafing pen. I cut the panel to size and stamped a background stamp by Judikins with a clear embossing pad and embossed with clear embossing powder. I edged the panel with gold Krylon leafing pen and layered it on black cardstock


I then took a small piece of the Monoprinted paper, cut a piece of paper towel and laid it over the stamp from Coronado Island. I cut around the area of the stamp image and laid it on top of the small piece of monoprinted paper and dabbed Stazon ink remover on top, smooshed it with my finger and left it for a few minutes. This removes some of the ink from the paper and leaves a faint background.


I stamped the image from Coronado Island on the paper using Colorbox Volcanic Black Pigment ink and embossed it with black embossing powder. I edged the piece with the Gold Krylon leafing pen and layered it on black cardstock and adhered it to the main panel.


I took a stylestone and inked it with Pinata` Ink and let it dry. I stamped the word stamp from PSX with the Volcanic black and embossed it with black embossing powder and edged it with the gold Krylon leafing pen. I adhered it to the panel with E6000.


The piece is now on it's way to Sheryl.

No comments: