Wednesday 9 July 2008

Angelic Skinny

I signed up for a Tall and Skinny book with the theme of Angelic. I started off by doing the one side with Brilliance blue sky ink; didn't like it so added Big and Juicy over the top. Still was not happy with it so looked through my stash of papers and found some crepe paper with a star motif and decided to use it over the top of the inked piece. This added a bit more texture.

I used an angel image from Dover Art and a punched heart (Dee Gruenig) with stamped wings from Hearts in Touch and a word/saying stamp.


The back evolved too. I originally sprayed it with Adirondack denim and white Memory mists, but it was a bit too dark, so then I painted it with some metallic blue paint. I then stamped the swirly circle with white pigment ink. Still needed something so I stamped a Holly branch with clear ink and embossed with Iridescent Peacock embossing powder. The main image is layers of pigment ink and embossing powder, heated and then the words stamped with gold pigment ink. The angel is another image from Dover Art.



1 comment:

Carol said...

Heavenly!!!! Beautiful!!!