Thursday 16 January 2014

Colour Perceptions - Violet

 In the ArtVentures ongoing swap of November the Colour is Violet. The pereption/emotion of this colour to me is Powerful.

I started by colouring the base with violet pigment ink then heat set it by ironing it between two sheets of newsprint paper. I then embossed it with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.

I printed a freebie image from The Art of Altering and cut off the bottom and top portions, then coloured it with copics.

I coloured some white glossy cardstock scraps with a violet copic and cut crowns from a spellbinders die. I coloured some little fancy gems with Rangers purple alcohol ink and attached them to the crowns.

I glued the image to the base and attached the crown with double-sided foam tape.

I coloured some white ribbon with plum dye ink and coloured a little sticker "gem" with alcohol ink and attached them to the neck of the man's shirt collar.



No comments: