Tuesday 21 January 2014

Colour Perceptions - Black

For the month of February the colour perception is Black in the ArtVentures ongoing swap. My emotion/perception for this is elegant and classy.

I decided to do a "little black dress" as my focal point but thought I might have to scrap that idea since everyone of my printers are out of ink. Then I remembered that someone had sent me a dress stamp years ago, so I dug it out.

I stamped the dress on some white cardstock and coloured it with a Copic black marker, leaving a couple of areas white for contrast. I felt it still needed something, so I added some black Puffs over the top of the skirt portion.

To make the background, I wanted a bit of dimension so I stamped a Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous) stamp on some glossy black cardstock and embossed it with black embossing powder. Then I attached the little dress with double-sided foam tape.

To finish the card I cut out a border from the Cuttlebug Ornamental Iron die, applied black pigment ink and then Black Christmas Mix embossing Powder and heat set it. This was placed on the edge of the ATC.

No comments: