Sunday 19 January 2014

Journal Pages


On AFTCM we are making Journal Pages for a lottery with the theme "My Story".  Someone will have their name drawn randomly and that person will receive all the pages.

I started a page by colouring the background with distress paints in a couple of different colours. I then stencilled some images with another colour of distress paint. I stamped some Dylusions stamps with the paint as well as Tim Holtz stamp. On the sides I stamped two more Tim Holtz stamps and Hero Arts stamps with Ancient Page Indigo ink.  Then I did some "paper lifting" over some gessoed areas with newspaper pieces and coloured them with distress inks.

I added some words using some magazine and stamped pieces coloured with the Distress inks and glued them to the page. I had a favourite butterfly image in my stash so I cut it out and attached it to the page and drew in the antennas.
Added some more stencilling with Viva gold modelling cream. 

To finish the piece, I stamped the sentiment at the bottom with Archival ink.


I thought I would try another page and started by spraying the page with Dylusions sprays. 
I added some stencilling by spraying over them, then added other details with stamps and Adirondack ink pads.  

I added some sentiments/words with archival ink and various stamps.

I stamped the whimsical girl stamp from Dylusions and coloured her with copics, cut her out and added her to the page.

No comments: