Thursday 13 June 2013

Colour Perceptions Artist Trading Card

On ArtVentures we are starting a new ongoing swap theme "colour perceptions", with each month being a different colour. For this we must think layers of the colour and must be  predominatelythe colour for that month. Inspiration/theme is based on and emotion/how the colour us makes us feel,

For this month the colour is red, and this colour made me think of love and passion.

I took a piece of glossy white cardstock and coloured it with Sangria Piñata Alcohol Ink and pounced it on with Caro extender and a felt pad.

I coloured some white cardstock with Lipstick Red Fluid Chalks then cut out the Memory Box curly wreath. I had printed off some pictures of lovers previously so I also cut them out with the die and placed it in the centre of the curly wreath on the ATC.

I punched some heart from 130LB cardstock and layered 3 together to give them some body, and coloured them with a red marker. I melted some clear UTEE and added some garnet Heat-it-Inks, dipped the hearts in it and when dry added a little flower gem.

I attached a piece of Sookwang tape to the bottom of the ATC and covered it with Fire Red and burnished it and attached the heart to the side.

I coloured some white cardstock with Red Pepper Adirondack ink and stamped the PSX Pixie Expressions stamp in Versfine Onyx Black and attached it to the glitter piece with double-sided foam tape.

No comments: