Thursday 13 June 2013

Altered Pringles Can

On AFTCM we did a swap where we altered a Pringles potato chip can with a steampunk theme.

For mine I covered the can with some scrapbook paper. For the top portion I embossed some flashing tape then added some alcohol inks to give it some color.

 I had some Graphics 45 steampunk papers and cut out several images and attached them with double- sided foam tape. I added some tiny roses to the two ladies heads.

Glued some cogs, a watch face and some other items around the can. Stamped a ticket and a sentiment and attached it.


I covered the lid with the same scrapbook paper that I had used to cover the can.

I had discovered a video on Youtube using the Tim Holtz movers and shapers mini clock die ( sorry can't find the link right now) and decided that I would do a steampunk version to put on top of the lid.
I cut the die 6 times out of some medium weight chip board then painted the outside portion black. Colored the hands with a silver paint pen and embossed the "bells", top and legs with copper embossing powder.

I cut the legs off two of the pieces and sandwiched them in the middle. I inserted a piece of acrylic and some scrapbook paper behind the front piece and another piece of acrylic and a pocket watch face on the back piece. Then I glued them all together. I added some tiny cogs on the outside of the front. I glued a large cog to to a piece of popsicle stick then atached the clock. I then added some large gears to hide it and help keep it in place and finished it with a couple of gold dewdrops on the side.



No comments: