Friday 30 March 2012

Creative Chemistry Day 10

Here we are on day ten and the classes are over. Today we learned about the various dimensional mediums, Stickles, Liquid Pearls, and Sealers. Tim surprised us by actually using a sealer product from a company other than Ranger; Microglaze by Judikins. I have used this product for quite a while and it is fantastic, making the paper waterproof.
The video was fun to watch, as when Tim said he used a product from another company there were a lot of ohs, ahs and noise in the background.

The one and only technique for this class was using Distress Stickles.  A bit of a disappointment that there was only one, but the class was still jam packed with lots of information. I had played with the Distress Stickles in the past and was a bit unhappy with them, but once I watched the video I realized that I had been using them wrong.

After playing with them in the correct manner I am now a happy gal!! I thought I only had one colour but discovered I had three and decided to try them on small scrap pieces of paper prior to doing the tag, so I could see the different effects. I settled on the Milled Lavender as I felt it came out the best.

My background stamp by Stamparosa was not large enough to cover the whole tag so I added some paper lace to the top and bottom. This is a lovely subtle glittery technique and of course does not show in the scan. 








1 comment:

ValB said...

This is so pretty. The lace just added such an neat touch!