Sunday 14 March 2010

Nesting Tags

We are swapping a set of nesting tags on CC Swaps.

I took a couple of ready made tags and coloured the smallest with the Stamp Smoosh technique which I learned from Cathie Allan . This technique was featured in the September 2005 Scrap & Stamp Arts magazine where Cathie is a regular contributor. The Second tag was done using a technique I found on the Ranger website by Wendy Vecchi  where you put your inks directly on the cardstock, then rub one of the inkpads on a craft sheet, mist it with a mixture of perfect pearls and water,  stamp into the mixture then onto the cardstock. When the tag dried I stamped an image on top.

The third was a tag I cut out from some background paper that I made that was coloured with Clearsnap Fluid Chalks inkpads, overstamped with Alabaster Fluid Chalk, then sprayed with Glimmer Mist.

I placed the tag in my stamp positioner and stamped a Magenta Poppy with with several layers of pigment ink. I outlined each of the tags with a marker.

 I completed the largest tag by cutting a piece of the handmade background paper and stamping a saying (Serindipity Stamps) outlined it and attached it with brads to coordinate with the colours of the poppy. Finally added some fibres. The picture on the right is the three tags "nested" together.

No comments: