Monday 29 March 2010

I have embossing powder..

The swap using various mediums is continuing on CC Swaps. This month it is-"I have embossing powders and I know how to use them".

I decided to revisit and old technique that I had learned a few years ago. I took a piece of light grey cardstock and stamped with a Hero Arts stamp in white pigment ink and winter white embossing powder. After heat setting it, I went over it with purple fluid chalks using the Clearsnap stylus and foam tips.

I took another piece of cardstock two inches longer and folded it over at the 2 inch mark, embossed and coloured again with a different Hero Arts Stamp. I attached the two pieces together with double-sided tape.

I stamped and embossed an image by  About Art Accents and a fan image by Inkadinkado and attached them to the front. I then took a piece of the same cardstock and stamped the word stamp by  Above the Mark and coloured the piece with the fluid chalk ink and outlined it with a marker. I cut out a slot and added a piece of purple metallic cardstock behind, then adhered it with double-sided foam tape.

I stamped, embossed and coloured the inside of the front page. I then took some text weight paper and attached two pages to the inside and added another stamped embossed piece to the front of the pages on the inside. So far there are only two of us signed up for this swap and the other player loves Oriental images so I am sure she will be happy with this.

No comments: