Monday 29 March 2010

Colour Me!

I joined a swap on CCSwaps where we make an item using our favourite colours. Mine are green and blue  the colours I tend to use the most in my art.

I started with a piece of 100 lb Lunamat cardstock and stamped various images by Tim Holtz and Hearts in touch using Marvy, Distress and Versafine inks. I then stippled over the top with stipple brushes and dye inks.  I then stamped the word stamp by Stampers Anonymious with Ancient Page Coal.

I took two pieces of 130lb card stock and did the "stamp smoosh" technique (mentioned in other posts) with fluid chalk inks. I outlined all the pieces with a marker.

The inside is done with a text-weight lunamat paper and stamped with Tim Holtz stamps in blue and stippled with greenye inks. This insert is two pieces of the paper joined together and scored to make four (4) pockets. The edges are joined with pieces of the lunamat paper stamped coloured and scored to fit the ends and the middle.

I attached a coordinating ribbon to the inside and then attached the panels to the insert.

I took 4 tags and coloured them with dye and distress inks and stamped images on them and placed them in the pockets. I did not add fibres as I thought I would let the recipient choose the  ribbons or fibres for them.

I only scanned one side of the open booklet  as I did not feel like getting out my camera. When fully open the middle is a mountain fold and you can see all four tags in the pockets.

No comments: