Tuesday 19 May 2009

May Quote of the Month

This month's quote is : "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment" Buddha



As usual, I started off with one thing then switched after being unhappy with the original concept where I took 2 pictures, one of an old town and one of a futuristic city and transferred them to paper. Just did not come together as I thought because I could not think of an image to incorporate into the theme.

While doing the brocade booklet, I had for some reason, stamped a Buddha stamp on an extra chipboard cover, and then realized it had nothing do with what I had created. So, I decided that I would use it for the Q.O.T. M. for May.

I took an old CD and coloured it with alcohol and Pinata` inks, then stamped a cherry blossom with Pearl Mica magic and heat set it. I attached the stamped Buddha piece and added one of my homemade dragonfly embellishments to cover the hole in the chipboard.

I printed off the quote and mounted it on some black card stock. Added this to the bottom of the image using some double-sided foam tape on the bottom portion so that it was evenly set on the CD. The final touch was to add the two Chinese coins.

On the back of the CD I added a round piece of card stock from Magenta. I then added a little easel to the back using some scraps of card stock.

1 comment:

WendyK said...

s is fabulous, love the colours, and composition