Thursday 14 May 2009

June It-Girl

Margaret is the It-Girl for June and here theme is Cemetery Angels. I decided to do canvas for her. I covered the canvas with Gesso then added a napkin to the middle. I colored the whole thing with blue and purple acrylic paint.

When it dried I added embossing paste and acrylic gold Mica flakes then stamped some impressions in the canvas when it was partially dry. I then went over it with USA artquest Mica watercolor paints.

The colour palette came from this gorgeous picture that I found on flickr (Onkel Wart) which I know is not an angel but it just spoke to me, so I hope Onkel will not mind that I used it for my canvas. I printed the picture off three times and then glued it to 100 lb cardstock and cut them out and used double-sided foam tape to give it dimension. Attached this to the middle of the canvas with 3-M 465 transfer tape.

Above the image I put pearl embossing powder on and embossed it then stamped "eternity" with pewter pigment ink. Below the image I stamped the saying on a piece of acetate using Stazon black and adhered it with glossy accents. Finally I rubbed some Goldfinger copper around the image and some gold on the top.

I hope Margaret will like this piece even though it is really not an angel, but it is from a cemetery.



1 comment:

WendyK said...

I'm sure she will love it, it's gorgeous, great texture, and colour