Monday 9 February 2009

Envelope Book

Another swap I am participating in is to exchange envelope books. It has been a while since I have made one, and since I signed up at the last minute, I decided to keep it simple.

The cover is a piece of card stock which I again did the "stamp smooshie" technique and Colorbox fluid chalks using a new bold stamp I recently bought. This time I did a final part by blending the background with a fourth colour and a Colorbox Stylus foam tip, then I stamped the leaf in a darker colour. I added some scrapbook paper to the inside, then used the Score-it Board to score some fold lines.

I stamped the Penny Black flowers with a dark brown fluid chalk ink. The little tag was cut from a piece of Cuttlebug embossed paper, and then rubbed with fluid chalk and distress inks; outlined with a brown marker. I adhered the image (herminesplace.wordpress.com) and a butterfly and added the cording to the tag and attached it to the front of the envelope book.

The envelopes are coin envelopes and I cut off the tops and glued them to each other in the middle and then attached them to the back and front of the folder.
I had some string clasps which I attached to close the book and added some gold cording to them.

No comments: