Monday 20 October 2008

It-girl for October

This month on Artventure Chrissy is the "It Girl" and she chose Nature as her theme. I am running out of ideas for something unique, but decided to do another canvas for this month.

I started out by doing a canvas which represented a misty day...i.e. the saying I used. This is my first attempt, however, I was not completely happy with the whole thing. The saying stuck out like a sore thumb and all attempts to make it better failed.
So back to the drawing board!! I love autumn because where I live all the leaves change colour and they are just beautiful. This made me think of another idea for the It-Girl canvas. I gessoed over the original one, then painted it with yellow, green and orange paint.

When it dried, I added tree trunks then the "leaves" with a larger paint brush using red, orange
and green arcylics; I added brown and yellow on the bottom to simulate the forest ground. Added some bushes with the green acrylic.

Still not quite right, so I printed off some birds and squirrels and added them, because anytime I have been in a forest they are always around. I think I am finally happy with it and hope Chrissy will like it.

So what do you think? Any comments or critiques would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Rena, I think it's beautiful just the way it is. Awesome job on it! Kathy Eddy

Kathy Eddy said...

i liked the first one, but yhis one is really great! Love the colors. Kathy