Saturday 18 October 2008

A surprise for Jessie

My friend Jessie has had lot on her plate lately and our group decided to plan a surprise book and each of us made a page and mailed them off to be made into a chunky book.

Jessie has received the book now so I can post the pictures. I was happy to participate in this book as Jessie is so encouraging and such an inspiration to me.

I know Jessie loves colour, grunge, texture...well just about anything goes in her creative world. I decided to make my page in reds hues as I had a freebie image that I really liked.

I started off by painting the page and added the image when it dried. I then took some cheesecloth and soaked it in some decoupage type glue and draped it around the right side of the picture. I added some red acrylic paint over the top, then added some acrylic gold mica flakes over parts of it.

The left side still needed "something" so I added some crackle paste and again coloured it with red and brown acrylic paint. As a finishing touch I dabbed some light gold acrylic paint around the whole piece.

I completed the page with the little heart button and some velvet ribbon in a ribbon slide.

The back is just painted with acrylics. I ripped out a piece of Mulberry Paper and stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink and added it. I was going to do more with the back but feel the sentiment says it all.

No comments: