Thursday 18 September 2008

Silver/Gold/Bronze tip-in

I just finished off the latest tip-in for CC Swaps; the theme this month being Silver/Gold/Bronze.


I had an idea in mind using my Cuttlebug. I had some Gold paper that was an insert in something I bought so I put it through the cuttlebug embossing folder twice so I had a larger piece. This was attached to the middle of the front page.


Then I took a piece of silver card stock and put it through the Cuttlebug and cut it into pieces to put around the edges of the gold section. I then stamped an image with a clear embossing ink pad and embossed it with metallic bronze embossing powder. This was adhered to the middle of the front page. I added some "rivets" to finish it off.



I was not sure what to do with the back page, so I just grabbed a piece of black card stock and my gold and bronze embossing powders and sprinkled them over the page and embossed them.


To continue the theme I stamped some swirl stamps over the page with platinum ink and embossed with silver embossing powder.


I added some pieces of the embossed cuttlebug silver pieces in the corner. I then stamped and embossed some patterned circles with the bronze embossing powder and adhered them to the little squares.



The final touch was to stamp a saying with gold metallic ink and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I edged it with a Krylon gold leafing pen and attached it with double-sided foam tape.



No comments: