Sunday 28 September 2008

September Tag-It

This month's "Tag-Your-it" person is Adrienne and she chose Medieval as the theme. I have been trying to come up with something for the last month, and finally sat down tonight and worked on a canvas.

I painted the canvas with purple and red acrylic paint and then stamped some words in gold ink. After it dried I added the picture of the woman.

I painted some cheesecloth with acrylic purple paint and then dipped it in some porcelain stuff that I had bought eons ago. I then draped it around the edge of the picture. To add more dimension I added some crackle molding paste around the canvas.

When it was dry I brushed gold, purple and red paint over the surface. I continued adding layers of paint to get the desired colour I wanted. I also sprinkled some pearl embossing powders over the surface and dry brushed paint over it again.

To complete the piece I removed the backs from some brads. dabbed gold paint over them and glued them at the top. I then took an old heart shaped earring and painted it gold and added a cross charm and glued it to the bottom left. I attached a piece of Magenta border sticker to the bottom; muted it by rubbing Concord Grape Distress Ink and gold acyrlic paint over it.

Not sure if this is "Medieval" enough, but hope Adrienne will be pleased with it.

No comments: