Sunday 28 September 2008

NGS Art Lottery

The theme for the NGS Art Lottery was flourishes/swirls. I purchased a new stamp set by Magenta which fits the bill. I decided to make an Artist trading card for this month.


I started by stamping the background using a technique I learned at my Local Rubber Stamp store, taught by Cathie Allen. It is called "stamp smooshie-smooshie". Basically, you load your stamp with ink, "slap" it down on the cardstock and then rub it around.


I added some flourishes in the same colour of Colorbox Chalk inks that I used for the base. Then I added the bird flourish Stamp in Versafine Onyx black. I stamped the image again on a piece of cardstock that I coloured with the Direct-to-Paper technique; cut it out and placed it on top of the bird portion of the stamped image on the ATC using thick double-sided tape.


This month's winner was Melissa, so I will be sending it off to her along with the two pages from the Chunky book house pages.

No comments: