On AMCA we are doing a monthly swap using different flowers as the theme. The January flower is a carnation.
I was sure I had a small carnation or a stamp with a carnation but no such luck, also all my printers are out of ink so couldn't print an image, as a result I had to improvise.
I took the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die and die-cut several of the smallest flower, then trimmed the edges with decorative scissors and tinted the edges with chalk ink. I folded each one and bent the petals out, and attached them to a small circle of cardstock. Cut out a "leaf" by hand from a piece of green cardstock.
I had a background already set aside from a previous project so I added some washi tape to one side, attached the flower and leaf and a small sentiment.
Sure hope my partner will be happy with my improvisation of the carnation.