Saturday, 4 June 2011

Ezee Pzee May Design Team Project

The May kit included frames, butterflies and other items. We were to create some kind of a wall hanging using all the pieces.

Since I don't really have a lot of wall space left in my rooms I decided to make two projects.

For the first I created a tryptych type display from the three long frames. I started by painting the frames black, didn't like it so added some gold stamped images-still not happy!! I painted them black again and took my Opalite Cypress Frost and Golden Mist ink pads and rubbed them over the black ink.

I had some background card stock pieces that I had made a while back, ran them through my Cuttlebug and then rubbed some metallic rub-on wax over the raised areas. I inserted these behind each of the frames.

I painted two birds the branch and a butterfly with acrylic paints. Since the butterfly had nice cut out pieces I took some Sookwang tape, placed the butterfly on it and cut around it, then filled the openings with Glitter Ritz.

For the birdcage I painted it brown and then added some different colours of Perfect Pearls to give it a rusted look. I then added an old piece of chain as a hanger for the cage.

I used some little hinges to hold the pieces together.


For the other frames I decided to do a wall hanging. I covered the frames with some scrapbook paper then rubbed some Tea Dye and Black Soot Distress ink around the edges. I took a piece of card stock that I had done a Lumiere Paint credit card scraping technique on and cut it to fit the inside of the frames. On a left-over piece I stamped a saying with Versafine Onyx Black and taped it to the additional chipboard piece that was placed over the top frame.

I had two small canvases that I used for the inside of two of the frames. I first covered them with various scraps of scrapbook paper then added different colours of acrylic paint. When Dry, I stamped a script stamp with White ink.

I covered three hearts with scrapbook paper and then punched out an additional one from the same paper and added it to heavy card stock. Decorated them  and added them to the canvases and the top frame insert.

The Scrolls were done with the rusted technique (as in the first project for the birdcage) and attached to the canvases. To complete the canvases, I colored two flower charms that I got from my friend Chrissy, with two colours of Smooch Ink, then attached a flat bead to each of them, and added them to the canvases.

I attached some ribbon to the back of the three pieces with a hanger.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful Rena, loving your creativity!

Missusg said...

beautiful. i love the butterfly but totally love the wall hanging!!! love that rustic effect!!

Kathy said...

I did not see this one coming!!I love the 3 part frame...it reminds me of ones my Grandma used to have. The whole project has a beautiful and colorful vintage look to it. The wall hanging is very beautiful too!

Dana said...

Rena, I love the tryptych! Beautiful work!

Shelley said...

Lovely! My favourite is the final project - your colours are so soothing and pretty.

Smiles, Shelley