Saturday 28 May 2011

Fantasy Film ATC'S

On DCI we are doing a swap using Fantasy Film in some manner on ATC's. I have not used it a lot and did some research.

I found a "stained glass" technique at After Midnight Stamps, where you lay scraps of different coloured Fantasy Film on a craft sheet, add some embossing powder, place another craft sheet or on top and iron them together. I used this technique then die-cut some butterflies with a Sissix die-cut then ran them through a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

For the background I embossed a background from Tim Holtz Pappilon Stamp set, with white pigment ink and embossing powder. I added peach and yellow Vivid inks over it using the Clearsnap stylus and white tips. I outlined the edges with a red marker.

I added some gems to the body of the butterflies and a piece of thin wire to simulate the "feelers", and attached them to the ATC.

I die-cut some letters from orange scrapbook paper and added the word Fly to each one.

Unfortunately the glimmer of the Fantasy Film does not scan well, but it really is a lovely effect, and because of the different colours in the "stained glass" they are all different.


2 comments:

Carol said...

WOW! These are fabulous, so glad you decided to sign up after all. And I get one, woo hoo!!!

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

These look lovely. I think what I'm doing is slightly different than both yours and Carol's.