Wednesday, 15 June 2011

ABC Technque for July

I was in the mood for playing around so decided to create my Alphabet D swaps for the ArtVentures group. I found a technique using used dryer sheets that I thought I would try.

I started by stamping an image in Ancient Page Coal Black, and coloured it with my Lyra colored pencils. I applied some double sided Stick n Peel to the cards, then placed the dryer sheet over it after removing the second backing piece. I smoothed it down with my brayer, then cut off the excess.

I sprinkled it with warm toned glitter ritz and smooshed it around the piece. I covered it with a piece of the backing and brayered it again. This technique seems to be best with strong colours on the image. It is a bit hard to see the image and if I were to do it again I think I would use Versfine Onyx black to stamp the image to make the outline stand out better, All in all I am pleased with the technique and it is much better "in person".
The top one was the first one I did, then I changed the colours on the birds head for the other ones I made.

No comments: