Monday 22 February 2010

Smooch Inks

I am participating in a HIT swap where we use Smooch inks on the card that we create.

I started by doing a technique called stamp smoosh using Clearsnap Fluid Chalk inks, which I learned from Cathie Allan who is a wonderful teacher. This was the background for the card.

I then stamped the Hearts in Touch stamp with Olive Fluid chalks then cut it to size. I stamped and embossed the HIT floral stamp twice on the card background piece then on a separate piece. I coloured them with Smooch ink Pool and Azure, using Pumpkin for the centre. The leaves were coloured with Smooch Green Apple. I then cut out the flowers and the little bee I left separate. The body of the bee was coloured with Gold Lame` and  Sugarberry and the wings with Moonlight.

I attached the stamped image of the woman to the card then added the bees and the extra flower with double-sided foam tape. I attached the whole piece to a coordinating colour of cardstock.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful card! I love that image!

Michelle said...

This is Beautiful Rena. My butterflies were made using 2 layers of fantasy film ironed on to an brilliance inked stamp, gives a wonderful effect. Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments
x Michelle

Carol said...

Lovely card, I'm not familiar with the smooch technique.

Bell Book and Candle Mixed Media Artist said...

That card is just so beautiful..you are an inspiration.

Peggy B said...

This is beautiful!!! And I love how you put the flower on top corner of image...3D effect.
I do not know what smooch is but you obviously used it well!