Saturday 13 February 2010

Metal ATC's

On DCI  we are doing a swap to exchage ATC's using Metal or Faux Metal.

I choose to use some embossing metal for the base of my ATC's. I cut the metal a bit larger then attached it to some 130LB cardstock cut to ATC size and embossed it with the numbers Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I punched some holes in the corners and added little button brads.

I decided to use some chipboard letters and also embossed them in the cuttlebug then did the Faux Patina technique from Julia Andrus' book Paper Transformed. I then printed off a free image from Elizabeth's blog and attached it to some cardstock to give it more body.

I attached the little girl then added the letters to look like she is holding on to them. For the letters, I chose to individualize them by using the initials of each person who is participating in the swap.

Finally I coloured a piece of cardstock with Mica Magic ink and stamped a saying on it an attached it to the top with double-sided foam tape.

2 comments:

Chris in Oz said...

Hi Rena,

These look so 'kewl', I can hardly wait to get my hot little hands on mine, I love it. Feel free to send all of the OZ ones together and we can distribute them between ourselves - might just save a little bit in postage.

Hugz......

Carol said...

Very cool, love how you personalized them. And the very best, is one is coming to ME!!!!