Saturday 13 February 2010

A is for...

On CC Swaps I joined an Alphabet Swap where we use a medium, technique or theme using the alphabet A.

For this swap I used one of the pieces of Acrylic pages done on metallic cardstock. I covered a piece of heavy weight cardboard with it. I then took some embossable window plastic and coloured it with alcohol inks. I attached these to the covered cardboard with eyelets  and some thin strips of double-sided foam tape to form pockets.

I then added some little cooking utensils at the top with a plastic piece (from socks) and attached them to the top. I covered some typewriter keys with page pebbles and added them to the bottom pocket to spell out recipes. ( I got the idea for this from Julia Andrus' book but did not use the same techniques). Finally, I wrote out two of my favourite recipes and put them in the pockets.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Very clever! Can you share the recipes with those of us, who aren't lucky enough to get this fabulous recipe card holder????