Wednesday 4 June 2008

NGS Art Lottery

On the Next-Generation-Stampers there is an Art Lottery where there is a theme each month, and we upload the art to the photo section. A winner is picked randomly and that person receives all the pieces of art that were entered. The Winner then picks the theme for the following month.


Junes theme is.......The Letter B which can mean ANYTHING at all - things that begin with the letter B - butterflies, the colour blue, backgrounds, or even a piece of artwork with the letter B on it! Anything at all so long as it is related to or begins with the letter B!


I created an acrylic painted background on watecolour paper. I coloured a piece of acrylic with alcohol inks then stamped a Buddha stamp with Stazon black. I added a piece of white paper behind the image and adhered it with glossy accents and attached it to the page with brads.


I then cut a few pieces of the coloured acrylic and stamped a pattern with Brilliance gold ink, and attached them to the page with glossy accents.


2 comments:

Carol said...

The colors are so vibrant & rich. I love them. The background is fabulous. Gorgeous piece!

Peggy B said...

I agree with Carol. The colors are glorious!! They remind me of my favorite crayons when I was young...Magenta and Persian Blue.