Sunday 15 July 2012

A-Z techniques

The upcoming ArtVentures technique is Q and I chose to do the Quink ink technique that my friend Adrienne shared with us.

I started by covering a piece of matte cardstock with gesso then stamped into it with a detailed stamp. Sprinkled it with salt then sprayed watered-down black Quink ink . When it dried I brushed off some of the salt and highlighted it with some Goldfinger metallic paste.

I stamped one of the heads from a Diane Reavely stamp set, coloured it and attached it to the ATC, I then stamped the Inkadinkado word stamp "quirky".cut around it and added it. The heart is a sequin.

After looking at the ATC for a while I thought the Blue Heart drew the eye away from the rest of the card so I decided to take it off and added a stamped letter Q instead.


1 comment:

Carol said...

Fabulous Rena!!! Love the technique. Funny I've had the word "quirky" going around in my head the last few days. So appropriate!!!