Sunday 13 May 2012

A-Z Techniques - Alphabet O

On ArtVentures we are doing Alphabet O techniques for the upcoming swap and my ATC represents Opalite Infusion, Oleander and Opals embossing powders.


I remembered a technique called Opalite Infusion and decided that would be my background technique. I can't remember where I originally came across this technique (thought I saved the site in my favourites), but I did have the instructions written down.

I started by stamping an image in permanent ink on white cardstock. When completely dry I applied two colours of Opalite ink, using well inked pads.. When that layer was dry I sponged on dye inks in the same colour family.

I then cut out some Cuttlebug corner dies and coloured them first with clear embossing ink and purple opals embossing powder. Because the ink pad was not inked well the whole die cut was not covered. So I decided to use that to my advantage, and tapped a Versamark pad over the bare areas and embossed those portions with a pink Opals embossing powder.  I did four of these for each ATC (Artist Trading Card).

I applied the corners to each ATC, then I printed some pictures of an Oleander using photo paper.

I attached the picture with double-sided foam tape.

2 comments:

Cat Stegall said...

Thanks for popping in at the blog,really like your colors on this atc.HUGS!

Carol said...

Looks luscious! Can't wait to see it in person!