Monday 22 August 2011

Altered Gum Box

On AFTCM I joined a swap to alter a gum box. My first prototype worked out fine, except I slit the portion where the lid closes and it was too bulky and did not close properly. Luckily I had another gum box and by then I knew who my partner would be and chose some decorative paper in a colour that I know she likes.

The box is fairly simple as all I did was cover it with the patterned paper and added some nailheads along the edge. (In hindsight, I should have just glued the paper to the box then cut it out, but I cut out the paper then attached it to the box). To have it close I attached a piece of ribbon with a fancy paper clip and a brad.

On the inside I put some hand decorated cardstock pieces and some pictures, and hope the recipient will be able to use them on some projects, as they are quite small due to the size of the box.

No comments: