Thursday 7 April 2011

Criss Cross Card

On AFTCM group we are doing a criss-cross card swap in a vintage theme. I usually only make cards for special occasions, but this seemed a bit different so I decided to join.

I took a piece of cream coloured cardstock and stamped a Hearts in Touch stamp and coloured it with Lyra pencils. I stamped and embossed a couple of Hero Arts stamps at each side. I then went over the whole piece with clear embossing ink and dabbed smooch ink and worked it in with a Clearsnap stylus applicator. I placed it on a piece of pink cardstock and cut a little edge around it.

For the criss-cross "envelope" part I started with a light tan cardstock, and cut out the flaps that fold over. I then put the flaps in my Cuttlebug and embossed a paisley pattern. I coloured this portion with distress inks. It looked unfinished after I glued the flaps down, so I added some paper lace to the edges.

I stamped a long piece of white cardstock with creamy brown and warm red fluid chalk inks and added another piece of paper lace over the centre, then attached it around the envelope portion.

To complete it I added a paper flower, some embossed punched leaves and a couple of small paper roses. I hope my partner will like the card since I don't really "do" vintage much.  

No comments: