Wednesday 10 November 2010

Home Decor for Christmas

I have not taken any classes since my local rubber stamp store closed last year, but we now have another store Scrap 'N Bean that is offering various classes, so I decided to take this one last week, you can view the class picture at Engravit (scroll to the bottom of the page).

The three blocks of wood are covered with decorative paper then distressed by sanding and adding ink to the edges. The Embellishments are covered with Judikins glaze and coloured with alcohol inks, the snowflakes are Ezee Pzee die-cuts which have been cut down into various sizes and attached to the piece.

I added my own twist to it. I added glitter to the snowflakes and added some Magenta beads as berries on the leaves. I still have to add ribbon and raffia to the edges.
Sorry the picture does not do it justice as it came out quite light when I photographed it.

No comments: