Thursday 18 November 2010

Ezee Pzee play time

As you may have noticed I was chosen for a spot on a design team called Ezee Pzee by Engravit. I was really happy to be on the team as this is a local company and they have a good variety of chipboard pieces.

Prior to being chosen I had bought a pack of the chipboard and last night I decided to play with a couple of them.

For the first item, I took the little mitten and sealed it with some SoJonia sealer, then painted it with some green metallic paint. I added some lovely red velvet rick-rack as the cuff.  I have some winter saying rub-ons and applied one of them to the body of the mitten.

I took a piece of cardstock that I had stamped ( a scrap I was not happy with!) edged it with a red marker, then applied three snowflake stickers that I got at the dollar store. I attached the mitten with some sturdy 465 3M tape.
In this same package there was a little sleigh/sled and I could not think of how to use it, then I finally decided to make a Christmas Card with it.

I took a piece of white cardstock and stamped and embossed the snow covered tree and added some Stickles glitter to simulate snow. I coloured the remaining portion of the cardstock with some light blue chalk for a sky look.  I discovered some Christmas frames with other embellishments at the dollar store, and chose one with red elements and applied the frame over the stamped image. This was applied to a red card front with double-sided foam tape.

I took the sled and sealed it then painted the main part with red acrylic paint and coloured the runners with a silver Krylon leafing pen. I coloured a piece of thin twine with a dark brown fluid chalk stamp pad using a Clearsnap stylus and black foam tip. I attached it to the front of the sled add some little gold and green embellishments to the sides. Again I added some Stickles glitter around the sled. To finish it I used another one of the rub-ons on the body of the sled.

I took a photo turn and attached a screw brad in the hole and attached it to the side of the frame, and hung the twine over it, and adhered the sled with some double-sided foam tape at the bottom of the card.

No comments: