Wednesday 27 January 2010

Mini Memory for Jackie

Jackie is the February recipient for the Mini Memory swap in the DCI group and she chose vintage with earthy tones and gold as her theme.

I took a canvas and gessoed it then added scrunched up foil, cheesecloth and added some embossing paste with a stencil. I painted over the whole piece with various colours of acrylic paints to attain the vintage look.

I printed off  a vintage picture of a woman from digitalcollagesheets.com and glued it to the canvas. In my stash I found an old picture frame, which I touched up with paint. I cut out a piece of acetate and covered the picture, then attached the frame.

Added some vintage buttons that my friend Annie sent me awhile ago, a piece of paper tape and some book corners to finish the piece off.

3 comments:

Chris in Oz said...

Oh, Rena, Jackie's going to love this. What were you saying about your 'mojo'??? Gorgeous work as always.

Hugz......

Trizzy said...

WOW Rena - this is just stunning - Jackie will just love it !!!!

Carol said...

Fabulous vintage piece! Love that extra touch with the embossing paste!