Sunday 31 January 2010

Book Study - Faux Patent Leather

Continuing with the book study the next technique from Paper Transformed was Faux Patent Leather. This is a fairly simple technique using cardstock, glossy gel medium and embossing.

You take the cardstock and glaze it with glossy gel medium and allow it to dry. I chose three different scraps of cardstock that I had left from other projects, black, a shade of brown and a red one that had some stamped words on it.

Once the pieces dried I ran them through my Cuttlebug embossing folders, polka dots, divine swirls and tiny bubbles. I liked this technique, it was fast and would make great backgrounds for all kinds of projects. I noticed that the black one has a couple of portions that are a bit fuzzy and am not sure what happened, but gives it a look of a bit of worn leather.

See my previous book study post for a link to Carol's blog for step by step pictures of this Book Study project.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Love that tried different embossing folders. What fun!