Tuesday 18 November 2008

December It-Girl

Jessie is December's It-girl for the ArtVenture Tag-it. Her theme is Time. I started off by making and completing a canvas, but I was not happy with the end result and started browsing some sites that I have in my favourites for some inspiration. One I recently came across has some great challenges and beautiful artwork http://bigartadventure.blogspot.com/

I have some little woodblocks in my stash, so decided to try one of the wood ATC's, although mine may not be the exact dimensions, I am fairly certain that Jessie won't be measuring it.

I sanded the woodblock then applied some yellow and green acrylic paints. I added a piece from an old dictionary definition of Time and did direct-to-paper with Mustard Seed Distress ink . I then stamped a Tim Holtz stamp in black Versafine. I added butterfly wings and the wonderful little girl's image http://thriftycollageartist.blogspot.com and the ruler. I had a sticker type clock embellishment and adhered a page pebble over it and attached it to the corner.

I thought it still needed "something" so spelled out "TIME" with the metal letters.
For the back I added a quote and a piece of a calendar stamp, an old ad ephemera and a little watch charm. The quotes and the calendar were rubbed with distress ink.

Each side has a quote on it as well.



I stamped a word stamp on top and the vintage ad piece is partially covering the bottom. I hope Jessie will be as happy with this as I am because I really enjoyed creating it for her.

1 comment:

Linda Vincent said...

Hi Rena - I am so glad you decided to try a chunky ATC. It has turned out really well! I hope your friend likes it, because I do.
Love Linda
Thank you for your comment about my altered CD. I found a picture in a magazine then drew the designs with a permanent pen.