Wednesday 16 April 2008

Another Swap

The latest swap I participated in was to create a card or some other item representing a house. I got out my foamcore, paper, paints, stamps, embellishments and some pictures and set to work. I painted the paper using a technique I recently learned in an online class, stamped some words and images on it with white pigment ink. I cut out the foamcore in a house shape and did the same with the paper and adhered it to the foamcore.


I made the roof with some sequins that my friend Annie had sent me, and added some gold rick-rack to finish it off. I had some picture frame charms which I used for the windows, and put pictures underneath to represent a family.


I added some stickers and other embellishments to finish it off and was quite happy with the results. Just hope my partner Sue, will be pleased with it.


3 comments:

Lyn Stonehewer said...

Rena, this is amazing. Your partner will definitely be pleased with it. I just wish I had half your creativity.

Love
Lyn

Lyn Stonehewer said...

Fabulous Rena, your partner will definitely like this

Love
Lyn

Artlab said...

Oh my- it looks like home to me with the kitty and all- can't wait for it to arrive!